Friday, July 27, 2012

Behind the scenes in a GF factory

I had the opportunity to tour a flour and baking ingredient company in central Illinois.  They produced and packaged several different gluten free products.  And let me tell you- being a gluten free consumer, it was a GREAT experience!

It really showed me how serious this company was dedicated to the gluten free community.  Not only was the gluten free production done in a designated area of the factory; but this area required a lot of training.  Employees were trained about the importance of cross contamination before they were allowed to enter this area.  Everyone was required to change clothes and shoes before they entered and even supplies (garbage cans, forklifts, machines, boxes, packing tape, etc) were specific just for this area and were not allowed to be removed.  The system was fool proof because everything was clearly labeled.

It was very clear and obvious that this company followed strict guidelines and took this matter very seriously.    They were also able to provide me with a lot of information and when speaking to me, they really knew what they were talking about in regards to gluten free regulations.

I was extremely impressed and it was a great feeling knowing that I am safe to eat their products because they are true to what they say!

No comments:

Post a Comment