Friday, June 22, 2012

Snack for your backpack!

When I leave for class everyday, I make sure I always have a snack or two in my backpack.  I never know if I am going to be gone all day or if I will have a chance to eat something GF. 

Here are some things that are easy to grab:

Dried fruit
Carrot sticks
Bananas
Grapes
Trail mix-  I prefer to make it myself.  Buy sweet and salty things you can mix together and divide it into       snack size zip lock bags, one batch lasts a month or so!
Pistachios
Almonds
Popcorn
Nature Valley granola bars
Chex cereal- the cereal boxes also have a lot of great recipes for gluten free snack mixes
Rice cakes
String cheese
Fruit snacks
Rice crackers
Almond crackers

After I go shopping, I try to portion out a variety of snacks and store them in the pantry.  It makes mornings much easier!

Feel free to add comments of your favorite snack to have on hand!



No comments:

Post a Comment